Our blog archive is full of useful tips for optimizing your keywords and marketing your app, but it can be a little overwhelming to sort through all the posts. So we decided to categorize our very best posts to make it is easy for you to find exactly what you are looking for quickly. Be sure to bookmark this page because we will continue to update it as more posts are created.
App Store Optimization (Apple App Store)
- The Definitive 3 Step Process For Selecting iOS Keywords – How to find and select the very best keywords that will get your app ranked in search and downloaded more. We believe that this is one of the most comprehensive posts on the topic and one of the most useful posts we have ever written.
- App Store Keyword Brainstorming: The Art And Science Of Success – At a loss for (key)words? This post will help you find new sources for relevant keywords. A couple of them may surprise you.
- How To Research Apple App Store Keywords For An Unpublished App – Don’t think that you can start tracking and researching keywords for your app until it is published? Think again. This post will show you how to get started and get a jump on your competition.
- The Difference Between Google Web Search and iTunes App Search – Many people who are not familiar with App Store Optimization think that App Store search is the same as Google web search. It’s not, these are the differences.
- More Keywords Mean More Downloads – Visual Proof – This “info graphic on steroids” will show you how different app characteristics affect downloads. It is fun and interesting to play with the different inputs.
- Why Your Competitors Are Outranking You For iTunes Keywords – If you are having difficulty figuring out why a competing app is doing so well in App Store search, this post can help you find out. It might not be what you expect.
- Most Common iTunes Connect Keyword Mistakes – Most developers make these mistakes when targeting keywords. Learn how to avoid them and gain the advantage over your competition.
- One Letter That Can Make A Huge Difference In your iOS Keyword Rankings – This one letter can mean the difference between a #1 keyword ranking and a #453 ranking.
- 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Naming Your App – The name you give your app is more important than you think. Don’t make these mistakes.
- Keywords In Your iOS App Title: The Unfair Advantage – Although an app title with one or two words may look pretty, you are leaving a lot of downloads on the table. Learn how big of an advantage adding keywords to your title can be.
- Your iOS App Name Also Affects App Engagement – Your app title can also affect how many times users open your app, which can in turn, affect your ranking in search. Find out how this works.
- App Pricing: How To Price Your iPhone or iPad App To Sell – This post will show you how to do market research on your category so you know the best practices when it comes to pricing your app.
- The Data Reveals: When To Charge For Your iOS App – Learn what we found when digging into different App Store categories and the nuances of what they charge for apps.
- Boost Your iOS App Downloads With A Price Drop – Temporarily dropping the price of your app can have more benefits than you think. Learn what they are in this post.
- Scheduled Price Tier Changes Automate Your App Promotions – Scheduling price changes can help you coordinate your sale with holidays or your own promotions.
- Why iPhone App Screenshots Matter And How To Make Good Ones – Do screenshots really matter? A lot more than you think…find out why.
- How To A/B Test Your App Screenshots To Increase Downloads – You can split test your screenshots. This trick will help you figure out which screenshots are the best, even though the App Store does not allow A/B testing.
- How To Make A Great First Impression With An Amazing App Icon – Like it or not, your app icon plays a big part in a person’s decision to download your app or not. This post will show you how to put your best foot forward.
- How To Get User Interface (UI) Design Inspiration For Your Mobile App – It can be tough to think of design ideas on your own. These resources will help get your creative juices flowing again.
- Prototype Your Next iOS App Idea Quickly With These Simple Tools – Getting from idea to working app prototype can be easier than you think. Check out these great tools.
- How Localizing Your Apps Can Double Your Downloads – Localization can increase your downloads by 2X or more.
- Tutorial: How to Create Localized Screenshots – Learn how to create screenshot templates that you can easily change to accommodate different languages.
- Revealed: Localization Strategies Of The Most Valuable iOS Apps – How do the most valuable apps localize? This post will give you an inside look at their strategies.
- How To Get Started With iOS App Translation – Don’t let your app get lost in translation. These resources will help you get it done the right way.
- What Apple App Store Reviews Can Tell You About Foreign App Users – Some app users do leave reviews in languages other than the native language of a country’s App Store. Discover what we learned about foreign App Store users and how this information can help you.
Review Analysis / Optimization
- How To Get The First 5 Star Reviews For Your New App – There is no excuse for not having at least one review of your app. This technique is so simple, but is still overlooked by many developers.
- Get More iOS App Store Reviews With These Three Tools – These tools can help you get more reviews when people are using your app.
- Uncover More Useful Keywords For Free With iTunes Review Mining – Review Mining can be a great way to find user generated keywords for your app. This post will show you the fastest way to dig through your reviews or the reviews of your competition to unearth keyword gold.
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide To iOS App Store Optimization – If you are just getting started in ASO, read this first.
- The iPhone and iPad App Marketing Checklist – Learn What You Are Missing – A comprehensive checklist that will help you cover all your bases when it comes to marketing your iPhone or iPad app.
- The Psychology Behind Writing A Successful App Store Description – The app description is often overlooked by most app users, but even so, you should make it as good as possible because you never know who will read it. This post will show you how.
- How To Get Started With Beta iOS Mobile App Testing – Beta testing is the best way to get the bugs out of your app before you launch it to the public. These resources will help you get valuable tester feedback.
- 10 Ways To Avoid Apple App Store Rejection – Rejection sucks. It is time consuming and frustrating. Learn what not to do so you give yourself the best shot at getting it right the first time.
- The iOS Developer’s Guide To Apple App Store Categories – Wondering which category is the best one to put your app in? Find out in this post.
- App Developers Benefit From The New 100MB Cellular Download Limit – The size of your app can help you get more downloads. Learn why you should keep it under 100MB.
- How To Get Started With iOS Push Notifications – When used strategically, push notification can help you keep your users engaged.
- The iOS ASO Keyword Research And Optimization Workflow Guide – Do you outsource your ASO? If so, you can give this guide to outsourced workers so they can get up to speed quickly and without you having to repeat yourself every time you hire someone new.
App Store Optimization (Google Play)
- Google’s Marketing 101 For Mobile App Developers – Google’s advice for marketing your Android app.
- Google Play Optimization Tools Available In Additional Countries – Learn how to optimize your app’s keywords in foreign countries.
- The Biggest Keyword Entry Differences: Google Play vs iTunes – There are big differences between optimizing your keywords for iTunes and Google Play. Be sure you are using the right strategies.
- How App Indexing And Deep Linking Helps App Developers – Two concepts that can be huge advantages for certain Android apps.
- How To Do Google Play Optimization For Your Android App – If you have an Android app on Google Play, you need to read this.
- Review And Category Data Now Available On Android Profile Pages – Mine your user reviews for valuable information and find out how your app ranks across all categories.
App Store Optimization (General)
- Why App Search Visibility Is Important – Some app developers don’t understand the importance of ranking well in app store search. Learn exactly why it is important and what you can do to improve your visibility.
- How To Make An App Successful By Doing Pre-Launch Market Research – Doing market research before you launch your app will give your app a better chance of being successful.
- An Introduction To Dayparting For Mobile App Developers – If you have not heard of dayparting, you owe it to yourself to learn how it might apply to your app. It can help you reduce costs and increase the income from your app.
- Free Tool: Keyword Brainstorming Spreadsheet – It can be difficult to keep track of all of your keyword ideas and which ones you have checked and which ones are new. Save time and setup a spreadsheet to help you stay organized.
- Mobile App Analytics And Why You Need It Now – Understanding what is going on when people use your app is crucial to making your app the best it can be. Find out how to get started with tracking this information.
- Should I Localize The Title Of My iOS Or Android App? – This is a really good post written by Benjamin Zadik of Babble-on and it brings up some important questions that you have to ask yourself when you are thinking about translating your app title. His decision making process makes it very easy to figure out what is best for you.
- Downloads Up 143%, Revenue Up 285%: Varun Goel Reveals All – Indie developer Varun shows how he increased his downloads and income by over 100%.
- Ranked #1 And Downloads Up 125% – How Mindvalley Did It – Mindvalley in changing the landscape of personal development with their apps. Find out what they have done to succeed.
- Actionable Tips for Success In The iOS Food & Drink App Category – We break down the Food and Drink category and show developers in this category the current opportunities that exist.
User Engagement Tips
- 7 Ways To Increase User Retention And Create Better Apps – Great tips for making the best apps and making sure that people keep using your them.
- 7 Push Messaging Strategies That Can Improve Your App Engagement – Keep users engaged with your app by using these simple, but effective tips.
Online App Marketing
- 3 Easy Ways To Create Surveys For App Market Research – You never know what your users are thinking until you actually ask them. Get valuable input by using one of these survey creation tools.
- 3 Ways To Create A Great iOS App Demo Video Without Breaking The Bank – A demo video can be a great way to get people excited about your app. Find out how to get started, even if you are on a budget.
- How To Get People To Share Videos Of Your Mobile Game On Social Media – This cool tool can give your game an instant social media marketing boost.
- How To Implement Smart App Banners To Get More Downloads – Smart banners can encourage people to use your app more, increasing your engagement and eliminating distractions.
- How To Get Your iPhone or iPad App Reviewed To Get More Exposure (49 Review Sites Included)– Getting people to review your app can be difficult. This list of review sites can put you in touch with the right people.
- Marketing Your App With A Website: How To Get Started – Marketing your app with a website is a smart way to get more publicity and take advantage of web SEO. Get started here.
- Expand Your Mobile App Marketing Strategy With This Rarely Used Email Tip – An email list is a powerful way to market any product or business, but is often overlooked by app developers. Learn how to get started and specific strategies that you can implement to build your list.
- The iOS Developer’s Guide To Facebook Mobile Install Ads – Facebook ads can be a great way to drive downloads, but can get very expensive if you don’t know what you are doing. Learn how to get started on the right foot.
- How To Market Your iOS App With App Promo Codes – This post will show you how to take advantage of promo codes.
- 5 Things You Must Do When Starting A Blog For Your App – Blogging can be an amazing marketing technique, but it can also be a gigantic waste of time. Learn how to prevent the latter.
- Get Pre Launch Buzz And Feedback Before Your App Is Published – You really can promote your app, even before it is finished.
- Get More App Downloads By Using This iOS Linking Trick – The fewer times a person has to click to download your app, the more likely they will. This trick can help.
- How To Market Your App With Social Media – Social media can be very powerful and help your app go viral, but you need to do it correctly.
- How To Track App Press Mentions For iOS And Android – You should brag about good press and figure out how to neutralize bad press. But you can’t do either if your don’t know when people are talking about you.
- You Shouldn’t Buy Facebook Likes Unless You Do This One Thing – Facebook Likes can be beneficial or just a waste of time and money. This post will show you how to make it worth your while.
- How To Make Money By Selling All Or Part Of Your iOS App – Make some money from your app, even if it is not completely finished.
- 5 Ways To Get More Money When Selling Your App – Maximize your sale price by using these simple techniques.
- How To Transfer Ownership Of Your iOS App To Another Developer – If you are wondering exactly what is involved when transferring ownership of an app, this post will get you comfortable with the process.
- The Beginner’s Guide To Monetization With App Ads – How to start making money with in-app ads.
Offline App Marketing
- 9 Low Cost Ideas For Marketing Your Mobile App Offline – Everyone talks about online and app store promotion, but there are also some cool things that you can do to promote your app OFFline.
- App Press Release Basics: Writing And Distribution – How to get started with press releases.
- 5 Mobile App Podcasts That Help iOS Developers Create Better Apps – These podcasts cover a wide range of topics that can help you take your app development to the next level.
- 7 iOS App Developer Forums – Find Answers To Your Questions – Forums are a great way to learn from more experienced developers and get feedback. These 7 will get you started.
- 5 Ways To Make Better Games, Earn More Money, Get More Downloads – Simple tips for indie developers from full-time app developer Elaine Heney.
- Facebook And Parse Launch Bolts On GitHub To Simplify Mobile App Development – Facebook and Parse have made their most useful app development libraries available to the public. Get them here.
- 5 Ways To Set Your App Up For Long Term Success – If you don’t want to just be a flappy flash in the pan, these tips can help ensure that you are around for a long time to come.
- Everything Developers Need To Know About App Store Transaction Costs – If you are wondering how much you will really make from your apps, you have to read this post. Get the low down on all of the costs associated with selling apps on the App Store or Google Play.
Sensor Tower Platform
- The Sensor Tower User Guide – Learn how to use all of the modules in the Sensor Tower platform, including: keyword tracking, international keyword research, keyword optimization, competitor spy and more.
- Get The Estimated Value Of Any iOS App With App Profile Pages – Ever wonder how much your iOS app is worth? We have created an algorithm that estimates the value of every app on the App Store. Check it out, you may be pleasantly surprised!
- Add Positive Reviews Of Your App To Your Website With This Widget – Show off the positive reviews of your app on your website with this easy-to-install widget. Works on any website.
So these are the posts that our blog readers have found most useful and we hope that they help you too. Be sure to bookmark this page because we will continue to add our best posts to this page as we write more. If you found this post useful, please feel free to share it with anyone who you feel would benefit from it.
What have we missed? What topics would be super useful to you?